Monday, September 19, 2016

Trains and Football

Week of October 12-18, 2016
(12) SEGUNDA (Monday):  Normal day, except we played egg Russian roulette.  9 people, 12 eggs, 6 of those eggs raw and the others boiled.  You had to just grab a random egg and smash it on your head.  Let’s just say I took a BATH in egg.  I also bought a butterfly knife for 9.00 about.  Today was day 432 of my mission.
(13) TERCA (Tuesday):  So, there’s a really long story that happened today that would take a long time to write.  Monday I’ll type it out for you guys.  (Jake didn’t email us this story on p-day).
            It was a division today.  I went with Elder Levita.  I told him, “Hey man, I’m trying to resurrect this area, so we’ll be doing a bunch of contacts today.”  He said, “A year ago I came here in a division, and I remember a young man we visited who I don’t think is going to church.”  So, we went and Levita remembered how to get there.  The young man’s name is Taylor.  We talked with him, he is firm in the church, but he told us about a friend who lives on the corner who isn’t.  So, we went there, us three.  This young man’s name is John.  It was a very good lesson.  We talked about the Book of Mormon and challenged them to start reading it, even if it’s just 2 verses.  The spirit starts small when he works with us.
            There’s another young man called Cristofer, or Cris.  He’s preparing to go on a mission, and in his house it’s only him and his mother.  His mother is not a member, and bishop told me Sunday that it’s time to baptize her.  I had talked to Cris earlier and asked how we could best help her.  He said to wait a little before talking about baptism, because that’s the only thing the elders ever talk about.  So, we dug a little more and planned a good message.  His mothers’ name is Angela.  We talked about the family, and the importance of the church.  We didn’t say a thing about baptism but after talking about Cris’ mission, how he’ll be gone for 2 years, and the members will want to help Angela, it would be good to meet the members.  She said she would go to church with us this Sunday.  After the message, Cris thanked us and told us it was perfect.  Today was day 433 of my mission.
(14) QUARTA (Wednesday):  I was with Elder Levita again because our comps are super sick, not a lot happened today because Levita also had a super sore throat, and I had a pounding headache, but we still went.
            In this city, there are a lot of trains.  We’re always on the tracks.  I had told Levita yesterday about if you put a coin on the track the train smashes it.  Last night we were walking, heard the train, and I asked, “Do you have a coin?”  And then we sprinted, literally sprinted, for 4 blocks to get to the track.  This was yesterday. Just the coins fell when the train passed, so it wasn’t as cool.  Today we brought a bunch of coins and TAPE!  Just in case we found another train, which we did. It was way in the distance coming, and we taped 8 coins to the track.  It was SO COOL!  Ha-ha, after the train started passing, we could see the coins still there, so we started cheering and dancing.  Today was day 434 of my mission.
(15) QUINTA (Thursday):  Today was a very good day.  Remember last week the family we went to on Quinta, we went again.  We hadn’t been able to find them home.  Keli is the mother’s name and check out this lesson.  We talked a little, then we asked if she’d read the Book of Mormon.  She said she felt good reading. Then we asked if she’d prayed.  She paused, then said, “Yes, I prayed.”  E asked how it went, and she paused again for about 20 seconds, and said, “I cried. And every time since then that I’ve prayed I’ve cried.”  We asked what had changed, and she said she doesn’t know how to explain, but she feels different. I read Galatians 5:22 and asked if that helped put her feelings into words.  She smiled and said yes.  Then we talked about prayer and the Holy Ghost. It was super, super spiritual, this lesson.  She’s going to go to church this Sunday, if she can.  She might be in the hospital.
            The rest of the day went very good as well.  But this lesson was the highlight.  Today was day 435 of my mission.
(16) SEXTA (Friday):  Today a sister in our district did 1 year in the mission, and she always talks about how much she wants to try apple pie.  So, this morning we made one and took it to her.
            That young man who on Domingo brought his mother and sister to church, his name is Alexander, his mom, Marines, and sister, Thyssa.  We had a very good lesson with them today. She’s going to go to church again this Sunday. We’re super excited about her.  We also invited them to a FHE tomorrow, with Cris.  Today was day 436 of my mission.
(17) SABADO (Saturday):  Today I bought a flippen FOOTBALL!  We found a place that sells them. I’m going to stat some games with the young men.  We’re starting to gain the youth’s confidence.  I told 3 young men that if they can beat me at fusball.  I’ll buy a hamburger the size of a tire rim for us to eat.  It’s called the Xis Colata.  “Colata” means ‘rim’ of that part inside the tire.  We eat a lot of them.  They also got excited to play football.
            The FHE had us, and 3 other people.  Ha-ha-ha, Alexander and his family didn’t go.  But it was still very good, more food for us.  I had brought cookies.  Cris is preparing for the mission, Leo as well, who was also there.  We talked afterwards about the mission, and they asked a lot about BYU Provo.  They both want to go there after the mission.  Today was day 437 of my mission.
(18) DOMINGO (Sunday):  WOOT WOOT!  Tons of investigators in church today! And by tons, I mean 5.  But it was a good day today.  It’s a work in progress. 
            This week went well.  We made a lot of progress, and our investigators are progressing.  Today was day 438 of my mission.

I love you all!  Elder McKee

No comments:

Post a Comment