Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Transfered!

Week November 7-13, 2016
(7) SEGUNDA (Monday):  Today was super funny. P-day for starters.  But after, we went of a house of less actives.  We’re good friends with them.  But today we realized that they know NOTHING!  Camila started asking about what happens when we die.  Then she stated yelling, asking why there are so many churches in the world when there’s only one God.  But it was funny because she had so many questions that she wouldn’t let us talk!  She had more questions about the Plan of Salvation, so we taught that lesson, and next time we’ll teach the rest.  Today was day 485 of my mission.
(8) TERCA (Tuesday):  ONE YEAR AND FOUR MONTHS IN THE MISSION!!  Man, I am really getting old.  It hit me today that really a majority of the missionaries now look at me as someone experienced and almost going home.  Two false statements, but I remember thinking the same thing when I got in the mission.  It’s all passing super fast.  In about a month it’s already Christmas again. 

            Today we did a meeting for the game we’re doing.  We answered all their questions and established a few things.  Today was day 486 of my mission.
(9) QUARTA (Wednesday):  We had an awesome lesson with Elizeu.  He wants to be baptized as Well!!  WOOT WOOT!  We’re finally seeing some progress!  We taught the gospel, and he already knew everything because he had heard it at church on Sunday.  At the end of the lesson, he said he wants to keep learning and going to church, and be baptized.  Woot Woot!
            Today we also stopped by the hospital with all of the missionaries.  The stake president’s wife finished her last session of Chemotherapy today.  So the 6 elders and 4 sisters entered singing ‘I Know My Redeemer Lives.’  It was super cool to see how much that meant to her.  Today was day 487 of my mission.

(10) QUINTA (Thursday):  Today the transfer came out. I’M LEAVING CRUZ ALTA!  I love this city and these people, but I am so ready for a change.  My comp will be Elder Costa.  Brazilian.  He’s a good missionary.  He also has a year and 4 months in the mission.  I'm going to Santo Angelo, which I’ve already visited in divisions.  This city has a subway, so I think all will be well.
            Also, I almost punched a member today.  Here’s the story.  So we got home at the end of the day, took a shower and yea.  Then we decided to watch a movie.  We had pizza, Pepsi, and ice cream.  We pulled our mattresses in a like our own movie theater around our little portable DVD player.  It’s a real party.  The other elders had lost their cell phone, but they were watching the movie with us.  Then we all hear the door open.  It’s about 10:15.  We look at each other, and we hear it close.  We don’t say anything, but I go running to the door.  There’s a man with his back to me in our house.  I’m right in his blind spot, and I’m coming fast.  My fist is back and I’m about 6 feet from him about to give this intruder a feakin’ falcon punch in the jaw.  He turns and his eyes go HUGE!  Then, something stops me.  I recognize him because he helped us move some beds onetime.  He is the 2nd councilor in the other ward.  He says, “Wow, Elder!  You gonna kill me?  You Crazy!”  ha-ha-ha, then he holds up the elders lost phone.  He’s super crazy.  He’s super funny.  We’re all laughing now, and we gave him some Pepsi twist and he left laughing, calling me crazy.  Then I locked the door.  Today was day 488 of my mission.

(11) SEXTA (Friday):  The activity!  Man, today went awesome!  I am super tired right now, but super, super happy.  Everyone loved the activity.  We had games and competitions.  One of the things they had all week to find the biggest and the smallest knife.  The winner MADE a knife of about 8 feet.  It was HUGE!  He also made the smallest knife.  Everyone was laughing super hard.  We also got so much food for the bishop’s storehouse and also a lot of recyclable material to sell for the EFY for the youth.  We have more than 200 pounds of food in 2 weeks.  Awesome!
 
 
 
 

            After I went to the chalkboard and updated the points, with EVERYONE breathing on my neck and watching which points were going where.  It was good.  Today was day 489 of my mission.
(12) SABADO (Saturday):  So, I am finishing today very happy.  Today was Stake Conference.  We went today because a family we are teaching was supposed to go, but they didn’t.  But the reason I am so happy is because they called Thiago Gomes to the front to bear his testimony.  He only talked about how happy he is now because of the gospel.  And it was easy to see that he really is happy.  It reminded me of the fruits of my work.  His whole family was there, with some in-laws as well that he brought with him. I’m happy with my work here in Cruz Alta, and I believe the Lord accepted my efforts.  Today was day 490 of my mission.
(13) DOMINGO (Sunday):  Conference, good byes, interview with President, and a LOT of food.  That’s my day. In my interview with President, I talked with him about how you guys will come fetch me.  He said that’s awesome, and that he wants to make dinner for us.  Then he said, ‘Wow Elder, you only have 7 months left.  How’s it feel to be at the end of your mission?”  Its super weird for my, but its true.  Next month the sisters that came with me go home.  Strange.   Now, I’m packing my bags because I leave TOMORROW!  Today was day 491 of my mission.
 Giovanna, Graciele, Thaigo, Elder Jesus Santos, ______, Jake

 Jake, Giovanna, Elder Jesus Santos
 

 Marcos and Jake
Jake and Thiago Klein


Are you excited about your transfer?  Yes, He’s a good guy.  But I’ll also be living with an American, Elder Gates, who doesn’t have too long in the mission.  Elder Costa is my comp, Elder Gates, and Elder Robledo.   I’m still zone leader.

I love you all. 
Elder McKee
Some of the posts that people put on Facebook when they found out Jake was leaving Cruz Alta:
Simara Costa:

An Elder of much value that taught us the true gospel, which now go get some more people for the flock of Christ, we are sad for your departure, but we are more than happy to have met you Elder Mckee you made a difference in our lives.
Thank you for everything, but mostly for your friendship!

Giovanna Gomes Moura
"how could feel unhappy if I have around me ears listening my lamúrias, lips who say words of comfort, hands hold my hands, shoulders that allow me to cry! thank you, Sir, by have put on my way wonderful people like you!" 
" you brought sunshine to my life
And Light to my path.
If I lose myself on the road
I know I won't be alone!"
" thank you for putting me on the right path already I miss you!"
Graciele Machado
Double amazing thank you very much for being by our side in a stage so beautiful and decisive of our life we will be eternally grateful to you guys. I pray that our heavenly father follow you every step of the way they make and in every home that you visit.

Pictures of Jake and Elder Nascimento around Cruz Alta
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 Elder ________ and Jake
 House of Cards
 Jake on his balcony
 Elder Rapuzzi
 Zone t-shirt


 Halloween Fun.  Elder ___________, Elder Rapuzzi, Jake, And Elder Nascimento


No comments:

Post a Comment