Saturday, July 15, 2017

LAST P-DAY!

Tuesday, July 11, 2017:  So, today is Tuesday.  Yesterday on Monday, Elder Jesus Santos got here and he is my replacement.  He’s going to be the new assistant.  He is the one that I trained in Cruz Alta.  So, yesterday during the afternoon me and another Elder that is on the staff, we went to where Pricilla studies.  She is studying to be a dentist.  We went to help out with a project. She had to make a video to show that she knows how to clean teeth, and teaching me how to brush my teeth.  We went and after she did the whole teeth-brushing thing it was all-good and then they started giving us the stuff that makes your mouth all numb.  They gave it to me in three places.  And it really, really hurt.  I don’t think she knew how to do it.  She would like come with the needle and go, put it in, then take it back out, then go and take it back out.  And it was hurting like crazy.  And then my whole mouth was all-numb.  And then they grabbed the thing that stretches your mouth out, like the thing they use when they are putting braces on, and it makes your mouth really big.  And then they gave us bubbles and said, “Alright, now you guys have a contest and see who can blow the most bubbles.”  So, I don’t know if she sent you that video, but it was super funny.  Everyone was laughing super, super hard. 
 
 
 
 
 

            Well, I’m pretty much useless now in the office.  This week is going to pass by super fast.  So, my companion is here, and then we have Elder Jesus Santos.  And I’m cleaning out all my stuff, and putting it in the suitcases, because I’m going home.  It’s a weird feeling.  Love you guys!

Friday, July 14, 2017: Alright, I'm not really too sure where I'm going to go with this, but I just wanted to take advantage of the fact that I'm in the office all day today making another video for the mission and type a few things.
I'm currently 2 years and 6 days into my mission, and I have 4 days remaining.           Yesterday I had my last interview with President, and my temple recommend interview with him as well. It’s a terrible feeling to know that it’s all over. There’s a hole in my stomach. I'm ready to go home and see my family and friends again, and eat some taco bell and wear shorts, but I’m nervous to be home. Everything will be new. Everything will be different. Ill feel weird staying up past 11:00, or listening to music or watching TV. Joci will go to hold my hand or hug me and I’ll probably pull away at first. President gave me a ton of advice and tips, all of which I wrote down. We had a long discussion. He’s a great guy and i look up to him a lot.
            My mission taught me a lot of things. I learned to love people, and always give them a chance. I learned to appreciate the scriptures and the gospel. I learned the importance of church and temple attendance. I learned how to cook (only a little though) and clean a house and iron everything (I melted a sock in the first months of my mission trying to iron it…). I learned how to get along with everyone, how to be patient, how to be obedient, kind, loving, open and giving. I learned that I really am a son of a living God, who loves me and is aware of me and my progress. I learned that I have a Savior, who died for me, who loves me, and who wants me to come home. I learned that Satan is real, and that he wants us to fail. He works hard towards his aims, and if we let him, he will destroy our lives. I learned how to recognize the spirit in my life, and how to separate the bad. I learned how to prioritize. I learned Portuguese. I understand Spanish. I learned how to lead big groups of people. I learned how to set and attain goals. I learned how to talk with people. I learned how a family should be organized, created and loved. I learned to appreciate what I have. I learned how to take cold showers and handle angry dogs and angry people and how to act when assaulted. I saw many, many miracles, in my own life and the lives of others.
I came to love my Savior with all my heart, and I developed a huge desire to please him.
            I came to love my family more, and I saw just how blessed I am with everything the Lord has given my in my little happy valley Salem Utah.
            I'm happier, calmer, more trusting, patient, trusting, faithful, kind, obedient, and hopeful. I have a lot of faith in my future and I'm excited for what it holds. I feel like I’m a new person, and not the same person that left 2 years ago.
I know that God has accepted my mission. I know that He is happy with my work and that my time has come to return home. He is happy with my growth and progression these 2 short years, and now it’s time for the next stage, where I will grow and progress in other ways that aren’t possible in the mission field. His hand has been guiding me during all this time, and everything worked out exactly as it should have. Looking back, I can see exactly why I needed to be a visa waiter in Provo, and then come at the time I did to Provo. I can understand every problematic companion I had, and the hard areas I passed through. I tried my best to never complain, because I knew that God was in it.
            I'm excited and nervous all at the same time. I’m happy and sad all at the same time. At one moment I'm in the house yelling and dancing, and other times just sitting thinking. But I'm ready. It’s been a long time away from home.
Saturday, July 15, 2017:  So, this is my last p-day.  I’m here with Elder Periera Santos and Elder Jesus Santos, and we’re going to go cut my hair because it’s super big.  And we are going to go buy some stuff, and we are going to go to McDonalds because I haven’t been to McDonalds in Brazil.  That’s about it.  Elder Jesus Santos wants to say something: “ I love this mission.  I love my beloved companion Elder McKee.  He is my best.  I hope he give your iPod to me.   I love it and it’s incredible.”  Elder Periera Santos: “I love you.  I love Elder McKee.  My English is very good.  Today is a beautiful day.  Today we go to get biggie mac and toys.  Bye.”  My companions speak very good English.  Today’s going to be a good day.










Jake’s email to mom:
            This week was 100% in the office. I died a little, but it was fine. A lot of nothing to do, just answering some questions from the new AP’s. I also made another video for President to use in his trainings this transfer. It’s a bunch of members from all over the mission talking about how they found the church. It came out all right. I did it all yesterday. 
            I’m excited to have some one on one time with Andy as well! And where dad isn’t home, I’ll be able to use his truck right? isso ai! 
            I’m excited to come home. It passed by really, really fast. I remember when I got set apart, and as we were leaving Cody Pritchett was walking in, and he said, "Take advantage of your time in the mission, because it passes fast." and he was right. AHHHHHHH!!!!! 
            My goodbye dinner is on Monday, but I already know everything that happens because I’ve done the last 4. But it’s all-good. 
            I love you mom! See you on Wednesday!

Love, Elder McKee
Mom sent down mustaches in a package and the Elders sent some great pictures! :)
Elder Olegaoeo, Elder Jesus Santos, Elder Nascemento, Elder Cardozo, Elder Pereira Santos, Elder Martins and Jake
 
Elder Nascimento
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment