Saturday, February 18, 2017

Little 19 year old American!

Week of Feb. 13-18, 2017
Hello,  I didn’t write journal pages this week.  We get home and spend the whole night calling people, or don’t get home until 11:00 and have to go right to bed.  I’ll start writing in the mornings this week.
            So, this week was very cool. On Monday, we were in the office until 4 calling everyone to get their numbers and commentaries. Then, at 4 we left with president for Alegrete, another city that’s about 3 hours away. We went there for the conference we were going to have the next day with 74 missionaries. I was the one who contracted the food catering, and the buses that would bring all of the missionaries.
            Tuesday morning, a few hours before the conference, some missionaries said that their van hadn’t come to pick them up. So, I call the guy, and the guy said he hadn’t seen our email so he wasn’t going to do the trip. Man, I let him have it. I had to repent a little afterwards, but I learned that when you talk with authority people obey. I don’t think it ever crossed this man’s mind that I’m a little 19-year-old American. We had confirmed with him 2 times, and sent several emails, and the day of the trip he says he wouldn’t do it. So, he sent a van, and it got there late and the missionaries got there late, but its all good. Then, the conference went well. Then, we got home at about 10 that night.
Jake and Elder Martin.  
 Sister Louza and Jake
 Jake is on the right side, on the end front, second in, with black tie.

            On Wednesday we spent the whole day in the office. It was supposed to only be for a little to get some stuff ready for the mission counsel with all the zone leaders, and we started to plan our training. Then, president came and told us some of the stuff some missionaries are doing and asked us to take care of it. We had a meeting with him and talked about a bunch of stuff, like new secretaries, how to help missionaries, and then some ideas for trainings. President is such a cool guy!
Elder Santos, President and Sister Louza

            Thursday was normal work! And we marked 2 baptism dates in a family we are working with!  Their names are Vanda and Ana.  We are super excited. But we were trying to do the baptism records with them, and it asked for the full name of every child and their dates of birth. This woman has 11 children, and doesn’t remember the birthday of most of them. So, that was a fight to discover them all.  We also are waiting for marriage papers for Gean and Thalia.  Please pray for them all.
            Friday was also a normal day of work, but I was dying. I don’t know why. I had a fever and a huge headache, but we have so few days to actually work that I just went with it. And everything fell through. So that was a good day. But I’m still happy. Then today is p-day. So that’s good.
            P-day is like this:  I woke up, studied, at 8:30 P-day started and so I went back to sleep, and passed out.  At 10:00 I woke up again and went and cut our grass.  Then I listened to music and drew a picture of Christ that I’m working on for President’s house. 
Then, I made some tapioca with nutella for lunch, then came to talk with you guys.  Until 6 I can do whatever needs to be done.  After 6, we’re going to the family that we marked for baptism, then to another family for teaching.  It’s a good day.
Thank you for everything.  I love you guys!
Elder McKee

Sister Lipps, Elder Santos, and Jake
Sister Lipps said, "The AP's are cool."  haha


We got a very nice message from a man in Santo Angelo.  


Hello.

I am a member of the last ward that E. McKee has been to.
Santo Ângelo ward. He was a great friend and an example to me. Helped me greatly with his example of obedience and righteousness.


It made me rethink about everything I was letting go of. I had a problem and I was left out of the gospel stuff. And he simply was the light on the way. I'm very grateful.
Darcy Fareirra Ramos


We are so grateful for the members and people Jake meets who reach out to us, and send such nice messages. We sent this to Jake today and he said, "I love that guy. He's such a great man."

No comments:

Post a Comment