Saturday, February 25, 2017

Lots of Teaching

Hello Family, 
This week was fantastic.  We got to go out and teach a lot.  And next week I will travel to Urunguaiana.  I will do exchanges with Elder Jesus Santos, the elder I trained, and Elder Jensen, the elder that he’s training right now.  
            Our baptism is still set in 2 weeks.  The lady has 11 kits!! And their names and dates of birth have to go on the record, and the poor lady doesn’t’ remember everything.  It’s been a fight to try and discover everything, but it’s pretty fun.

We asked him if the Carnival is celebrated in his area and does it affect him?  Carnival isn’t really that big here, just a lot of stuff on TV. But, where we don’t watch TV, no problem.

Here are a few stories I wanted to share from this week: 
            One lady, we knock on her door and she comes and starts talking with us. We tell her we have a message of Jesus Christ that we would love to share with her. She cuts us off, and says "I already read a lot of messages on Facebook this morning. I have a lot of evangelic friends and they always post pretty messages" I say "No, but our message is more than just some Facebook message. Our message can change your life and your family’s life. What we have can bring you an eternal family."  Then, she comes back and says "nobody knows if our families really are eternal, but everyone wants that" which made me a little mad, and I say "look, we DO know!! And that’s what we want to talk about!!!!!" she says "No you don’t. Look, my dad passed away 4 years ago, and now he´s gone. We´ll never see him again." I say "Yes you will!!! That’s why we´re here! We want to give you an eternal family after this life!!!" her "no, i don’t want to know about the eternities. So many things I’ve passed through in my life, I’m just here for today, and ill leave tomorrow to God. Nobody knows what happens after we die." Me: “We do! We know! We want to explain it!  Let us teach you."  Her "No, I’m content with what I have." Me: "Alright then. Do you know someone who lives around here who wants to have an eternal family?" She says, “no.” I say "that’s right. … Nobody wants an eternal family. Its sad right?" and she agrees!!! I can’t take it….
            Another guy, we are walking in the street searching for an address, and we look at his house to see the number and keep walking. We didn’t even stop walking. And this guy looks at us and yells "what do you want!" so we stop, turn around and say what? He yells "why are you looking at my house! Keep walking!" Luckily my companion was faster than I was to talk because I had a thousand replies come to my head. It had been a pretty rough day trying to find someone to teach and this guy, for some reason, ticked me off. My comp says "No, were just looking for a house number." and he says "well you can be sure it isn’t here!" After, my comp said, "hey man, I saw the look on your face as you turned around and know it was going to get bad real fast, so I started talking."  Ha-ha thankfully this work is inspired to have us walk in 2 in 2.

            One more guy, we´re walking in the road and I stop to talk with him.  This guys was HUGE!!  Like 2 feet taller than I am. And I say "Hey how’s it going!" and I start to introduce myself. Then he yells "NO!! I worship Satan! I worship and love the devil. If you want to talk about God, you’re loosing your time with me." and then he left!! I wanted to yell that if that were true, then he´s needing our message more than anyone. But I just let it slide.

            My week was a week of a lot of contacts in the street. We´re trying to find new people to teach, because we don’t have much time in our areas. But, I’m happy and I always feel super excited. 

            I’m just happy to have the knowledge I do and to know that I belong to and represent the true church of Christ. I love my Savior, and even with all these people that don’t want to recognize the truth, I know I can always be happy with what I have. I’m thankful to have my eternal family. I’m thankful to have the priesthood, the power of God to act in his name. It’s a good feeling. 

I’m happy and healthy.  I love you guys so much.
Elder McKee




No comments:

Post a Comment