Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Rough Week!

Jake was able to email a few different times today.  He got a little more computer time because his companion was talking to home and taking care of some things.  We were able to email back and forth a couple of times. Here is the main email:

Still no visa. I'm loving it here!! 
It's been a crazy past few days, with Elder Bush's dad passing away, and then Elder Bradshaw, who got his tonsils out a week ago, ran out of the room randomly last night, came back in and said call the front desk, then turned around and threw up a huge mouthful of blood all over the carpet. Then he moved into the bathroom where there was tile and kept spitting up blood. SO MUCH. This is all at about 11 at night. Security came, and they called an ambulance. He's all good now though. One of the tonsil things just tore open again. He's good. I asked him for advice for the MTC, cause he is in week 7.5 of his 6. He said 1) dont get tonsillitis 2) get your visa 3) learn portuguese. He's a good guy to offer such wisdom. I love hearing from home about everything. 

Lexi did send me an email. (His friend, Lexi got her mission call to Peru.)
 It's crazy that I'm half way done. It feels like I just got here, and that I've been here for years all at the same time! Me and Elder Bush met with the President of the MTC, which was super cool. He's a nice guy. Bush is doing very well. Yes, i know Alyssa Moyer! (Alyssa is companions with his good friend, Jessica, up in Montana) We did track together, and talked all the time here. 

The language is so good. We did what is called TRC, where a volunteer comes in as themself and we just talk to them and leave a message. I loved it, and it was nothing but a good experience. Coming here on my mission was the best decision of my life. Park City sounds awesome!!! I'm trying to think of what else to write, but as i sit down to type all my memories fly out of my head. I feel like for the first time in my life I have the constant companionship of the holy ghost. I can always feel it in my chest, like there's something inside of me that's too big to be there. :) But not like a big rock, that would hurt. This feels good. I'm not district leader anymore, they switch callings at the half way mark. I love this place, and I love this gospel!!  I miss you guys like crazy, but honestly 2 years doesn't seem like a super long time anymore. It'll fly. :)  Happy Birthday, Mom.  I love you.

 I love you guys!!!  2 Nephi 31:20

No comments:

Post a Comment